Block Club is so happy to celebrate the births of several super babies this autumn, including the arrival of Steve and his wife Lindsey’s first child, daughter Ella Marie! Ella’s already got the whole “perfect, beautiful, amazing” baby thing down pat so this is probably just boring baby business to her by now, but welcome to the world, beautiful baby Ella!
I’m a sucker for birth announcements that can manage a feel of simplicity both childlike and sophisticated, and I’ve collected a few favorites I’ve stumbled across in the last couple months:
- Ingrid May and Baby Tallerico announcements, featured on the Sycamore Street Press blog
- “Roar! It’s a Boy!” by Christine Wisnieski
- Ralph’s Announcement, by Meg Gleason of Moglea design and letterpress studio
- Elephant and Puppy Love Baby Announcements, by Dingbat Press
- Baby Crawford, by Sideshow Press
In conclusion: Babies! They are the best. Especially when they turn into little five year olds for whom you can design Thunder and Lightning and Thor birthday parties (aaaah!) and little bagel parties. Adorable.