What is your position at Block Club?
Designer and Director of Desserts.
Share something that inspired you last week:
Nicholas Bate recently finished up his series “The Seven Greatest Barriers to your Greatest Work”. The simplicity of it inspires me.
(1) Worrying about what other people think
(2) The distraction of trivia and melodrama
(3) The desire for perfection
(4) Simply not being bold enough
(5) Not having a pen
(6) Believing things should be fair
(7) Copying rather than innovating.
What’s your favorite object, and where/how did you find it?
Sigh. It’s a stuffed fox that I have had for many years, a gift from my dad for my seventh birthday. He is a little haggard now and his smoker’s cough is a little worse than it was, but he has been with me from my childhood bedroom to a week on a floor in Berlin and everywhere in between. I have some great photos of him exploring London.